Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Treasure Hidden in a Field



Two years ago when we traveled to China on our first adoption trip, we had the privilege of visiting a foster home run by Americans. While there, we were able to meet a wonderful American woman, Lisa Bentley and one of her six children, Levi. I've shared before Levi's incredible story of how he was found in a field- severely burned and left to die when he was only an infant. Lisa and her family had just moved to China and she was longing to go back home. She had been praying for strength and asking God to give her a "Chinese heart" when the call came that a baby had been found, and he wasn't expected to live. It was then that Lisa realized why her family had moved to China, because she needed to be this little boy's mother. The road ahead was going to be tough- Levi went through numerous surgeries for the serious burns covering his body and lost most of his arm, several fingers, and toes. Levi's about 4 or 5 now, and doing amazingly well. The Bentley's are continuing their work in China and have just started a new foster home called Harmony Outreach.

Lisa has just come out with a book all about Levi's amazing story. I've just ordered our copy and I strongly recommend everyone to purchase this book! I haven't read the book yet, but after meeting Levi in person and realizing what a miracle he is, I already know it will be a wonderful book and I can hardly wait to receive ours!!

Here's a link to purchase the book from Focus on the Family:

Saving Levi

****UPDATE: I finished reading the book and it was wonderful!! I honestly hate to read, but this was one of those books I could not put down! Lisa Bentley tells Levi's story in such a simple yet powerful way. Even though I've met Levi before, I never realized what a true miracle he is until I read the book and saw all he had gone through. Everyone needs to order at least one copy for themselves.. and get a few more to give to your friends, family, or co-workers!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I have enjoyed reading your blogs. I received this book yesterday and began reading it this morning. I don't think I will make it through without crying. I sponsor a little girl at Lang Fang and one of my friends adopted little Esther from Lang Fang. It holds a special place in my heart.

Sonya said...

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing! I will order a book right away!

Sonya

Catherine said...

Thanks for the link to the book. Were you able to listen to their 2 part story on Focus on the Family last week? If not, it's well worth grabbing a box of tissues and having a listen. I have links to the programs on my blog.

I've enjoyed you site for a while now Esther. Your parents, brothers and sisters are blessed to have you!!

Annie said...

What an awesome story. thanks for sharing. I'll have to look for the book.