Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Time of Thanks






Some of the things I am thankful for:

I'm thankful for a wonderful family

Supportive and caring friends

Our home that keeps us warm at night

A free country and all of the servicemen who are fighting for our freedom, including my Uncle who won't get to spend the holiday's with his family this year

My health and my families health

Being able to adopt Esther, Emma and now Asher

Having sisters.. right now we fight all the time but I know one day we will be so glad we have each other

For the nannies in China who have and will continue to care for Asher until we can bring him home

Coffee.. can't make it through my mornings without it!

For my parents who work so hard to provide us with a good life and education

A wonderful and caring Father, because we wouldn't be anywhere without Him

And, thinking of my sister Kayla.. the poor turkey who had to die so we could enjoy him tomorrow! (Kayla's one of those future PETA members!)

And, I'm thankful for the life I've been given and for all of my talents and goals I hope to pursue in the future


On Thanksgiving, we usually have a few traditions that consist of watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while peeling apples for applesauce, naming the turkey.. those sort of things. This will be Esther's first thanksgiving, so we are very thankful for having her home, and also thankful that we have one more waiting for us at the moment in China.

There are so many things I'm thankful for this year that it's hard to remember them all. On my mind is the fact that we are so blessed to be able to live in a free country and have Thanksgiving. This past Sunday, we took part in a food drive with our church and delivered a complete Thanksgiving meal for a family in need. It was humbling to think about the fact that there are some families in our own town that won't be able to enjoy tasty chicken, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. I'm thankful that we have a wonderful Lord and Savior who gives us all of these blessings and I pray that he brings comfort to those who can't experience this holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday weekend!!


"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures FOREVER!" Psalm 118:1

1 comment:

Sonya said...

GREAT new pics!