Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Frida is Coming Home!!


Meet Frida.. she is currently waiting in the Hunan Province of China. Although she doesn't realize it.. in just a matter of days her whole world is going to change when she meets her new mommy and daddy and becomes part of a forever family.

Did I mention part of our (extended) forever family? Tomorrow, my aunt and uncle are heading to China to bring her home! We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet Frida! Our sweet cousin will turn three on Friday. I'm not sure when "Gotcha Day" is, but it's sometime this week.

It's amazing to think that just one year ago, my dad and I stopped in California to visit his (my dad's) brother and family on our way to China. While there we shared with them the video I made of Emma's Adoption in 2004. Little did we know that as we headed across the ocean, we had left some seeds planting in the heart of my aunt and uncle. Just a few days later, Mom called and said that Aunt Norma and Uncle Mauri wanted to adopt a baby from China! It was a bit of a shock because my cousins (their kids) are 18 and almost 16, and here they wanted to adopt a baby! In October, we found out they had been matched with Frida. She was a waiting child just like Esther and has a repaired heart defect. Good thing she's coming home to a daddy, uncle & grandfather who are all cardiologists!

And here we are just a year later and they are on their way for their little girl. =)

If you don't mind, please pray for a smooth and quick adjustment and that Frida bonds well to my aunt & uncle. I've been there, done that, so I've offered as much "wisdom" as I could to my aunt, but nothing prepares you for adoption.. much less adopting a three year old. We're just hoping she adjusts as well as Esther did.. well minus the night terrors!!

I'll keep you updated when I hear something! Hang on sweet Frida.. mommy and daddy are on their way! (And hopefully we'll meet you sometime this summer!)

4 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

Isn't it great planting those kinds of seeds !!
We always pray that if we can inspire anyone to adopt it is one more munchkin that gets a home...way to go. :)
Prayers said for their safe trip and transition.

Amy said...

What a beautiful little girl. How wonderful to have another Asian face in the family!

Donna said...

That's so awesome!

I think you said your aunt and uncle are in the San Francisco area. We're in San Jose and would love to meet them so have them contact us at my email (which you have) if they're interested. We also have a grown bio child and two daughters adopted from China who were born in 2004! At the very least, we'd love to invite them to Gwen and Maddy's birthday party this summer!

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Lisa said...

This is awesome news!! We'll keep them in our prayers!!