Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hello from Baltimore

I apologize for the fact that already I can see my pictures are overlapping each other.. but hopefully you all will be able to still view them okay.
Anyways.. we're in Baltimore, Maryland! We arrived yesterday and are here for the week visiting family and attending our cousin's wedding on Saturday.
The day started early yesterday at 6:00 AM and for some of us it didn't end until 1:00 AM. (Ahem.. that would be me since I'm *fortunate* to be sharing a bed with the thrashing-snoring-constantly-moving-Emma.)
I don't know how we managed it.. but all eight of us made it on and off the flight..and no one died! We got through security with all eight of us in tow, including shoes off, eight backpacks, two strollers, laptop and cell phones all through the x-ray scanners. The girls did wonderful on the flight- thank goodness for Crayola (Color Wonder) Coloring Books and Leapsters!
Today, we visited the Baltimore Zoo (or, now called The Maryland Zoo at Baltimore) along with Mom's best friend, Aunt Irma. We've been visiting this zoo since I was a baby so it always brings back memories when we come and visit. The weather was beautiful and the kids all had a blast. You'll notice in one of the photo's, we're all sitting in a bird's nest. There's a reason for that- Mom has taken pictures of us in that nest starting from when I was a baby and each time we've added a child to the family. We hadn't visited the zoo when we were up here in August 2005, so this was the first time we took a picture there with all six children.
Ian, Kayla and Elena all enjoyed climbing the rock wall in the zoo, but I don't have pictures of that since I had a little problem with my camera! It fell off the stroller earlier today and I didn't notice, but somehow the memory card fell out as well! My camera has a built in memory, so I was still taking pictures and didn't realize anything until I went to look through my pictures and almost all of them were gone! My memory card was gone!! So we went back to the spot where the camera had fallen and looked all through the grass and weeds, but didn't find anything. I finally went and asked one of the employees and fortunately someone had found my memory card!! I am so glad they found it since it contained about 80+ pictures from the last two days and some really priceless pictures I didn't want to loose!

So..enjoy my pictures that once we lost, but have now been found!

























3 comments:

Sonya said...

You guys are just too fun!!!

Sonya

Catherine said...

What fun! Have a great trip!

Annie said...

I haven't been to the Baltimre zoo in AGES but I always loved the children's area with the nest and the giant lily pads.