Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Esther the Queen of Humor (April 24th)



Esther was just looking Too Terribly Cute one day and I had to snap a few photo's of her. She and Emma have matching Gap giraffe dresses and they are absolutely adorable..

For those who haven't met Esther personally, you're missing out!! Haha.. she's seriously one of the funniest kids I have ever met. The sense of humor this child has is enough to leave you laughing for hours.. I think she and Don would get along great! Esther loves to be having fun and is always laughing.. she keeps us all in stitches. She's a die hard fan of Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. I frequently hear her belting out tunes such as "When You Look Me In The Eyes" and "Everyone Makes Mistakes." She LOVES to sing and the only way I can get her to be somewhat quiet is to turn up the music so she will sing along. She's also got a particularly loud voice, and is always easily heard during Praise & Worship time in school.. and at church! (Sometimes we have to remind her to tone it down a bit..)

She's also head over heels in love with my friend's 21-year-old brother, Daniel. She talks about Daniel, non-stop, every day. You'd sware she is a teenager with the way she talks of how she's going to marry him when she grows up and be a doctor and a mommy. I love how she already has her life planned out and she's only five. Maybe she can give me some of her advice! =)

It's neat to see how God's plan is unfolding for Esther. Her stubborn and driven ways that helped her survive in China for three years will certainly be helpful as she progresses through life. She's got a lot ahead of her including a special need that will require extra attention down the road. But she's never let that hold her back, and she's not about to let it. That little smile of hers just brightens my day and I know that one day it will brighten the world too. =)

No comments: