Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No Parents Weekend..(April 10-13)

I'm still trying to catch up on blog posts.. so I'm starting with April!

April 10-13th was a "No Parent" weekend..
Mom and Dad flew up to New York City for a medical conference and also a couple's retreat. The kids and I stayed busy.. we had school, karate and weekend get-togethers with friends to keep us busy. We always look forward to when our parents are gone.. the majority of the rules go out the window and it's a fun affair for all. I didn't cook all weekend, so we either ate out or dug out something from the freezer. Bed times were later than usual and we all woke up late... but Mom was happy we did make it to church on Sunday!
The highlight of the weekend for the little girls was getting their hair cut! Mom and I had been debating for awhile of whether to cut Esther & Emma's hair, or not. She wanted to wait until after ballet was over.. and I wanted to do it now! As they departed for the airport the morning they left, she mentioned to me that there wasn't anything she could do if their hair had been cut! So, on the way to work I made a hair appointment and the next day the girls were sporting a new look! I love their hair, and luckily Mom does too! =)
The Spiderman look
\Washing dishes is a favorite activity for the little girls..
Kayla and Gizmo
Back-flips on the new trampoline
Asher looks a bit like Spiderman here!
(Oh.. and notice how our dog Elly jumps on the trampoline now?)
New Haircuts!

Meanwhile, in New York...
Dad and Mom in front of a World Trade Center Memorial
I handed my parents the camera before they left and asked them to please take pictures. You know how many they took? Only four pictures.. and only two had them in it! (The ones above and below) Sigh.. I don't understand those two. How can you NOT take pictures in a city like that?? Well, at least they did take a picture with them in it! =)
Mom with friends Corey and Paige in New York

4 comments:

Don and Be said...

Have you noticed how much Elly & Diva look alike?
Go onto Youtube - type 'orlandodon' in the search box - I've put a few Diva vids on Youtube.
It won't be long before Joanna Mei is home in Orlando.
Don

cheepette8 said...

Love the new haircuts! Love all of the pictures!

Annie said...

aww, the girls' haircuts really are cute. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Lisa said...

Ha ha... too funny! I totally get it... I can't tell you what a control freak I have become with the camera (aside from my professional photography...) when it comes to family photos... no one "gets it"... take the pictures... many... it's digital... take a hundred! And what do I get... just like you, you can count them on one hand.. sigh... I get it Sera... I empathzie with ya! :)

Lisa :)