Friday, June 20, 2008

Remembering Maria

It was just one month ago today that the clock struck midnight for the life of Maria Sue Chapman. A tragic accident sent Maria into the arms of Jesus where she is dancing like Cinderella, just like in the song her father Steven Curtis Chapman penned just a few months before.
The whole situation left me completely numb... I wanted to sit and cry for days for this precious family who lost their sweet little girl. In so many ways she reminded me of my sweet girls. On the Monday following her death, our family experienced a near crisis when we suddenly lost Emma during a Memorial Day beach trip. Thankfully, our story turned out different but it definitely left me grateful to God that we are able to have more time with our little girl.

The weekend after her death, Steven was scheduled to be performing at a local festival that our family was going to attend. Obviously the tragic circumstances left him unable to attend, but my family and hundreds of others did go out to show their support for the Chapmans. Along with a large banner decorated with the names of those who attended and many cards, our local radio station also provided carnations to be handed out to everyone and set just in front of the stage that her father would have performed at. Though I didn't attend, my Mom couldn't stop talking about the night and how wonderful it was. I found this photo on the radio station's website and wanted to share it. Though Esther and Emma don't know the full of extent of Maria, they will one day and I'm glad they will be able to look back and see how they played a part in Maria's legacy. Just like her, they are forever China sisters and one day will get meet during the greatest celebration of all.
Sorry to sound preachy, but the only way to get through circumstances like these are to rely on Jesus for your every need; exactly what the Chapmans are doing right now.


Please remember to keep the Chapmans in your prayers..

No comments: