Monday, November 19, 2007

The Hunting Trip

A few weekends ago Dad, Ian, Asher and I went on a hunting trip up to southern Georgia with our friends, the Campbells-Kent, Kevin & Kendyl. We had a wonderful time learning to shoot a gun, canoing, sitting in the deer stands and hoping we would see something, and surviving the freezing cold 25 degree temperatures at night! Although we didn't catch any animals, we still had a wonderful time with our friends enjoying the beautiful outdoors!

Asher and I before leaving..
Asher was so anxious to be going that he was bouncing off the walls while we were in the car!! But, he finally fell asleep around 11.. which is wayy past his bedtime! He was so cute sleeping.
We arrived in Georgia after midnight and went straight to bed. Here's the view that greeted us the next morning!
On our first morning, we headed out for some hunting. Here are me and Kendyl sitting in the tree stand in our camo masks. It was cold!!
Later in the afternoon, we canoed down the river and got to see beautiful views of the Fall colors.
I wish we had these colors in Florida!
Asher and Ian joined us in the canoe..
Asher wasn't thrilled about climbing trees, so he decided to play on the shore.
Ian and me
Ian and Kendyl walking across the river!
Uh oh.. Asher's paddling!
Finally, the event I had been waiting for! It was my first time shooting a gun and it was pretty cool! Although, my ears were ringing quite a bit afterwards!
Asher taking a try at the smaller rifle, with Dad's assistance.
And here's a shot of Ian..
I don't think my Dad was too excited to give Ian the gun!
Target practice with a coke can.
Ian was getting pretty good at it!
Ian and Asher getting a piggy back ride from Kevin
Well, I can't exactly say no animals were hurt during the weekend! Here's a picture of the ONLY thing caught all weekend-- a 75 pound boar! (Caught by Kevin)
Within about half an hour, the entire pig was reduced to just a few chunks of meat since Mr Kent is pretty good at the skinning process. While Mr Kent was skinning the pig, I think it dawned on Asher what he was doing, so he ran over to the table and grabbed a fork thinking we would be having a feast tonight!
Day 2: Kendyl and I in our Camo jumpsuits
Someone's ready to look for deer!
Kendyl, Mr Kent, me and Dad modeling our Camo attire
Guns are loaded and ready for action!!
Ready!
Beautiful puffy clouds!
Rowing down the river..
More shooting practice..
Dad taking a shot at it..
And Ian..
And even Asher!
Playing gameboy
(I don't either boy leaves the house without it)
Kevin and Asher
Bundle up.. it's CHILLY outside!
Back at home with the little girls. =)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Now that looks like a trip my guys would LOVE!
Give me the Marriott!

Sonya