Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Beach Trip

After some previous plans fell through, we made a last minute decision to take a day trip to the beach! We have a condo just south of Daytona which is wonderful for spending the week, or just a few days especially with the kids in tow. This was Asher's first time at the beach, so I made sure to take plenty of photo's to document this first experience for him!! He had a blast, as you will see below. The water was a little too cold to enjoy, but Kayla and Ian took the plunge and braved the chilly waters! Esther and Emma stayed close to Dad and just enjoyed getting their feet wet and playing in the sand. And Asher was just taking it all in.. running in and out of the water, playing in the sand and screaming with joy! I'll have to get some video up soon.. it was so precious!














This is probably my favorite photo..
I just love the expression on his face!



Taking a father-son stroll along the beach..
Meanwhile, the girls had plans of their own..
Burying Ian!!





Dog-pile!!

4 comments:

Sonya said...

It always makes my heart happy to see Katie Lin on the beach just knowing that if she had stayed in China this is one thing she would never enjoy. I LOVED seeing the pics of your China blessings on the beach!!
GREAT PICS!!!

Sonya

Livin' out loud said...

Oh what great pics!!!
Hugs
Susan

Don and Be said...

Just leave me at the beach and I don't need anything else ..... my favorite place on earth.
Great pics and from the looks of it, a great time.
Merry Christmas,
Don & Be

Catharine said...

It is good to see all the pictures - it brings home a little closer! The beach looks wonderful, as well as all the green grass, trees, and sunshine at your house. It's funny what you miss overseas :)
I miss ya - tell Emma and Esther hi from me.
<3,
Catie