Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day


My parents came home yesterday morning, just in time for us to celebrate Father's Day together.
It always seems like Father's Day isn't as popular as Mother's Day is.. maybe it's because no one knows what to get their Dad on this special day? I know I usually have this problem! Luckily, I found something that was perfect..if you can see in the picture (you might need to click on it) it says "It's a rare person who can take care of hearts, while also taking care of business." I thought this was perfect, since not only is he my dad, but also a cardiologist.
My Dad is an awesome person and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. He's the hardest worker I've ever met. Every day he's at work by 6:00 am and isn't home 'til 7:00 or 8:00 at night.. and sometimes even later. He's the first person to help anytime someone needs him. Whether it's helping wash dishes or killing the snake in the garage.. he's always there.
He's a very dedicated doctor and a devoted husband and father. And I'm not just saying that because he's my dad! Every time I go to work with him, I'm always told by his patients how much they love him and what a wonderful doctor he is. And there's evidence to this because we get more Christmas presents from his patients than we do our own extended family!!!
My dad's always up for helping someone no matter if they can pay or not. And he's the best travel buddy- together, we've traveled to China twice and once to Honduras.
I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful role model. He and my Mom have taught us so much.. they push us to work harder even when we don't want to. And I've learned the hard way that they're almost always right about everything. My Dad has instilled in us a love for helping people, working hard and loving one another.

I hope I am blessed to be half the person he is.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Those are very sweet words about your Dad! I can tell that he is a great Dad!

Cool card!

Sonya