Friday, June 15, 2007

Good Summer Fun

My parents are currently laying on a beach somewhere in the middle of the ocean on their way to the Bahamas.. if they're not there already. And I am stuck here with five children and five dogs..two of which are puppies. I practically have four babies (Emma + Esther + Elly + Bella.. who we're pet-sitting). Trying to find things to entertain five children has been difficult.
The pool and playground only lasted 'til around 11 am.. and by then I had no idea what I would do with these kids for the rest of the afternoon. Locking them in a closet sounded like a good idea.. but my sisters can sure scream. However, I struck gold by deciding to take the kids to paint pottery! There's a great place nearby where the kids can pick out their pieces and paint them, and it's fairly reasonable. I had one extra kid in tow (Ian's friend, Joel) but they had a great time. It was a great way to "waste" a few hours and keep the kids busy.

Emma painted a puppy dog... but she couldn't just paint him one color.. she had to experiment with every color on the table.
The Boys- Ian and Joel were great sports. They are really good friends and from the back, I can't always tell them apart because they look a lot alike!
Even Elena got into the painting and went with a mug. (Copy cat!)
And Kayla painted her favorite thing.. horses.
Esther couldn't decide on what color to paint her "critter" (I don't know if it's a mouse.. or a chipmunk?)
It started out black..
But she quickly changed her mind and decided he should be pink instead..
And by the time we left, he was green.. it should sure look interesting when it comes back from the oven!!
The girls and I with our creations.

We won't get everything back for another week since they have to be put in the oven and glazed.. but I'm excited to see how they all turn out.
Just two days until my parents come home.. and then I'll be the one needing a vacation!!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Hey, Mine was different. You never said anything so I just did it. It turned out great though, I can not wait to see it when it comes back from the kiln.
Elena

Keri said...

What a nice Jie Jie you are! Can't wait till you get Asher home. I've been following aling since you went for Esther. Your family is lovely.

Keri
www.myadoptionwebsite.com/ourclaire

Sonya said...

WOW! You ARE the best big sister!
Don't you want to come here next and help the Hodge family???

Sonya ;)

Annie said...

Oh you poor thing. I thought I had it bad when I was home with the 2 dogs, the 2 cats, and the 3 tanks of fish last week. At least I wasn't kidsitting on top of that. (though, the kids do all the animal chores usually)