Monday, June 11, 2007

Three Years


June 11th is a special day in our household because it marks the anniversary of the first time we heard about Emma Grace!

I remember that day like it was yesterday.. Dad was on the phone talking to the adopton agency.. Mom was on the other phone calling everyone and telling them!! I didn't get to see her pictures for another week because just a few days after "The Call" day, I left on a missions trip to Jamaica. Fortunately, my dad was able to figure out how to scan her pictures and the kind Jamaican ladies let me use their computer so I could see them!
I don't want to say it was love at first sight when I saw her, because it honestly wasn't. It took me awhile to realize that this was my sister.. the child we had been waiting for for so long! I'm sure it was a combination of stress and being tired (I was on a missions trip!!) that led to this, but of course it didn't take long for me to love her. I guess it's okay because I absolutely fell in love with her on Gotcha Day.
In keeping with our tradition, I have Emma pose with her Referral Picture every year. It's funny to see how much she has changed. And the photo frame changes too! =)

Here's Emma in 2006 and below in 2005

No comments: