Friday, March 14, 2008

First Sleepover!

To help offset the costs of our senior trip in June, my best friend Samantha and I have been putting together once-a-month sleepovers for the kids at our school. (Samantha and I work at her mom's in-home daycare.) I wasn't able to attend the one in February since I was in Michigan, but I was able to make it to the recent one we had in March. We've tried to have a theme each month, and of course for March we did St. Patricks Day. The kids had fun making crafts and watching movies. The best part was when we transformed their playroom into a huge sleeping room- featuring five blow-up mattresses. They thought this was just the coolest thing and one of our little boys even remarked, "Wow.. I actually get to take my shoes off!" =)

The next morning, we ended up scrapping our plans for home-made breakfast and headed out to nearby Cracker Barrell for an even tastier, Southern meal! It was pretty funny the looks we got from people when they saw Samantha, her mom (Nana) and I walking in with nine children, all under the age of five! And it was even funnier when they saw how well behaved our kids were. (No offense, but our kids had better table manners than most of the adults in the restaurant!) And I totally forgot my camera!! =(

It was a fun sleepover and the kids all had a blast. After breakfast brunch, the parents came to pick their kids up and that following Monday, they said that the sleepover was ALL the kids could talk about!

We're doing another one in May, which will be fun!

Ready to head to Nana's house for our first sleepover!
(Looks like a lot of stuff for just one night!)

St Patricks Day crafts

Best Friends: Abby, Esther, Emma and Rachel

The kiddo's all lined up and ready for bed!

Snug as a bug!

No comments: