Saturday, March 01, 2008

My 18th Birthday..

In better later than never news, my 18th Birthday was on February 26th.
It was a milestone I had been anxious to reach for a very long time. Being 18 hasn't changed my personal views too much, but I do like the fact that I'm now an adult.. and not just one of the kids. It's a great responsibility and I hear it only gets better (yet harder) as you get older!

Dinner with some of my closest friends at the Rainforest Cafe.
A few of my favorite verses:

"..charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

"..be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?' " Hebrews 13:5-6

"Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2


Roses from my parents
Birthday cake for my family celebration

Making a wish.. with a little help =)
Me and Asher
A Few Facts About Me:
  • Traveling is a PASSION of mine- I've been to China three times, twice to Honduras and once to both Jamaica and Haiti on missions trips. My next big adventure will be to Africa.. I just don't know when I will be going.
  • I have a natural adoration for hero's- Spiderman and firefighters.
  • I hate wearing shoes--I would much rather be barefoot, but if I must wear shoes it has to be flip flips!
  • I love going shopping, wakeboarding, being with my friends, going to the beach, taking Krav Maga and taking pictures.
  • I was recently accepted into Southeastern University- a Christian college located close to my home. I plan on majoring in Journalism and focusing on Photojournalism. I'm really excited to be leaving home and being on my own soon.
  • The adoptions were my idea. Yep.. as much as I hate to take credit for all of it, it was my pleading that led my parents to go through it all. Though, I won't take credit for all of it since I know God was using me as a way to work through my parents. Even before we had adopted Emma I knew that we would go back because I knew I had another sister and brother there!
  • My phone is attached to my hip.. always. And not far from it are my car keys, iPod, Xocai chocolate and gum.
  • Did I mention I'm addicted to Facebook? I wish I had more of that enthusiasm for Blogger!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is my first time to comment - I found your blog a while back after visiting another adoption blog. We have 4 kids, 2 are adopted and we're hoping to become foster parents again in the near future.

I just wanted to say congrats on your acceptance to Southeastern (I graduated from SEU back in 1986 and it's a wonderful university!). I was actually just there last month for Preview Days with my oldest son and he loved Southeastern. David still has one more year of high school and then it's off to SEU! = - )

Thanks for sharing your adoption stories with us and may the Lord continue to bless your family.